Playing Catch-up

Well let's see... it's been 11 months since I've posted a proper update.

Oops.

So I guess here's the short version.

In May D turned 1.  He was spoiled rotten, as though there was any chance that wasn't going to happen, haha!!  We did some hanging out in the yard all summer and he got a little inflatable pool which he loved.  He was a HUGE fan of the garden.  It's easy to see now why I couldn't get enough fruits and veggies while I was pregnant.  He loved helping pick tomatoes... but only if he got one... or three to snack on.

In September is was time for our annual trip to Denver's anime convention, Nan Desu Kan, and it was a blast.  Darius even got his cosplay on with a Garu cosplay from Pucca.  Minus the pigtails because he kinda totally looked like a girl with them.  So Dad gave that idea a "hell no."

I got my cosplay on, too, and we got his godmama to take this lovely pick of the 
mean ol' Rebellious Ravenclaw picking on poor little Garu.

Garu is the one on the right for those that are totally lost.  Haha.

I discovered a new love:  Crochet.  Been busy at it ever since and am trying to get some stuff done now to fill my etsy shop:  Bitten Designs.  These dolls are my first original design and I call them the Gothique Girls.  Each comes with a bio and the girls are fans of Gothic Lolita dress and are good role models.  Maybe one of these days I'll do some little comics with them or something but first I gotta get the shop stocked up!  Currently working on the fourth set I've sold so far! O.O



In November I wrote another rough very rough draft of a novel for NaNoWriMo which is currently collecting digital dust along with the other 3 I've written, haha.  Well with the exception of 2011's novel which has a printed and partially edited version collecting real dust.  Well, actually I'm dusting it off and got a new notebook to rewrite but we'll see how long that takes.  XD  I also turned 28.  Yippee.  Not that I don't like getting older or anything but after milestone birthdays are done they're just so darn boring!  Oh and we did Thanksgiving by ourselves!!  And we didn't burn down the house or give the entire family food poisoning!  LOL.  It was pretty fun.

December was holiday craziness but we did get to go home to visit and we took the trailer and it was a good thing we did because it was full on the way home, haha.  So many goodies for us all but the best part was being able to celebrate with our families which we are so blessed to have in our lives.  Darius also met Santa earlier in the month.

Waiting. 

He was less than pleased.
Terrible cell phone pic but his face is PRICELESS.

Our little hippie boy got to go to his first Eagles Hockey game!! 
Now everything is a hockey stick to him, even almost 6 months later.

D also helped make sugar cookies!

January 1, 2013:  Darius' first ER visit.  Kiddo came down with a bug and we had an incident in Walmart that required Cody to run and buy a new set of clothes just so we could get him out of the store.  Poor kid wouldn't stop throwing up after that.  I felt so bad for him.  He couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.  He got some anti-nausea meds at the ER though that worked like a charm.  There were two days afterwards where we thought he was over it but we quickly discovered he wasn't.  >.<  Eventually he was good to go again, though!

He was spoiled because of his sickly state 
and got to play with Dad's phone.

In March, Cody and I celebrated 6 years together on St. Patty's Day. Darius had his first Easter egg hunt which he liked but I think playing with the golf clubs he got was even more enjoyable.  He was totally tripped out by the bucket of goodies on his table in the morning though.  He was like "Where did that come from??"

Egg dyeing festivities! 



This month has been as every April, birthday madness.  Haha.  We got to go home to do a little celebrating though, surprise my mom with a party and have another party for Cody and both our Moms the next day.  All their birthdays are within 5 days of each other (Cody's was yesterday- happy extended birthday, hun!) plus we have several friends and other family members with birthdays this month as well.  So yeah, birthday madness.

I'm sure I forgot half a dozen things or more but the warrior just woke up from his nap so I better wrap it up or I won't get it posted!  Oh and you may have noticed the name of the blog has changed... THIS IS NOT A HINT.  The plan is for two and I figured I might as well change it now.  Before anyone asks, no we don't know when we're going to have another one.  Haha.  Can you tell we get asked that a LOT?

Coming soon:  Darius turns 2.
O.o
Hopefully I'll post something else before then, though, haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment