Happy 5 Months, Warrior!

Once again, I'm late with a month post but you all should be used to this by now, right?
Right.

Hey, cut me a break, we went home for Halloween right after his 5 months and then NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) started November first so what little time I have on my computer that I'm actually allowed to use both hands and isn't when I'm editing has become dedicated to writing a novel.  I did this last year when pregnant and won for the first time.  For those who have no idea what NaNoWriMo entails, it's simple.  You have 30 days to write a 50,000 word novel.  This year?  I've upped my personal goal to 80,000 words meaning I gotta write at least 2,667 words a day.  Yes this is supposed to be for fun.  Yes, I love it.  Creative writing assignments in school always prompted a "how short does it have to be?" question from me so this is a blast for me.  Remind me that when I'm to that point where I want to stab all my characters and throw my computer out the window, okay?  ;)  (For those who have never done NaNoWriMo it has stages and this music video accurately describes it)

Now, onto what you people are actually here for:

Dearest Darius.

You are now 5 months old and I can hardly believe it.

I don't realize how much you've grown until I go back and look at older pics and it blows my mind.  You're a big boy and the only reason you seem to grow out of anything is because you're too big around for everything, haha!  Though we did have to change your bed around and take the Close & Cozy insert out of the Pack and Play and put in the bassinet part because you got too tall for it!

Mom, no one is going to believe you're a photographer with all these blurry cell phone pics you post here.

You've started to grow hair now and are filling in that poor little bald spot where you rubbed all your hair off.  I need to trim the hair in the front again already though before it ends up in your eyes, though.  

Hey man.  How's it going?

You love your oatmeal for dinner but still insist on chasing it down with some more milk, not that I'm complaining, just saying there's a reason the scale at your Grandma Mills' tells us you're a whopping 21 pounds now.

Sleepy Yoda.  Aka: Darius' first Halloween.

You are in love with your walker still and starting to scoot backwards a little bit here and there.  You also love the puppy and have taken to the kitty and when you hear the jingle of her collar you immediately want to know where she is and have taken to yelling at her and reaching for her.  It's quite entertaining.

First snow!  I'm not so much a fan of this snowsuit though, guys.

You have two volumes.  Quiet and OMG CAN YOU GUYS HEAR ME?  HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME HEY. HEY. HEEEEEEEEEEEEY.  

Moments after this he tried to take his eye out on this toy. Luckily, he missed.

You found your feet and any time it's time for a diaper change you think it's the perfect time to examine them which makes diaper changes... interesting.  You're also making good use of your monkey toes and using them to hold on to things you're playing with and I swear you can pinch harder with them than I can.  You also laugh so much more now and it is honestly the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my entire life.

Holy crap mom! Have you seen these things??

We love you Bugga Boo!

(Sorry for the less than stellar post, warrior, Mom is a bit exhausted writing-wise)

0 comments:

Post a Comment